My son will be moving into an apartment this summer and we have
been picking up items here and there that we thought would help him
out in his new space.
I thought a cookbook would be nice, but then I decided to take care of
a project I have had in mind for a while and finally get
my recipe binder done, and I would just make more at the same time
so my kids would each have one too.
So I started by finding, typing, and printing up our favorite recipes..
Yes this took a little time. :0)
I made a simple layout on microsoft word, saved it, and then just filled it out
with each recipe as I went along so the pages would be similiar and have a unified
I printed out each category for 'tabs':
Cut them out..
Used a tape runner and placed them on a pretty background paper..
Cut those out..
Then used my laminator to laminate them..
and cut those out.. :0)
Being sure to leave a longer amount of plastic at the bottom of each 'tab' so I had something
to adhere to the pages later.
Yes, there was a lot of steps.
I printed off category pages as well and also placed them onto a pretty background paper
before placing them in my laminating sheets to laminate.
While I laminated the category pages, I placed the 'tab' that I had previously made
onto the side about where I wanted it and laminated them together.
This part was a little a little tricky, just had to be sure the 'tab' stayed where I wanted it
as the page went through my laminator.
Here it is coming through the laminating process..
Then I used a 3 hole punch on my category pages.. and I used page protectors for my recipes.
After I got them all put together.. I added in a few coordinating blank pages/protectors so
my son can add to it if he wants.
I also have my saved template so I can type up new recipe's whenever and just add to our
books at any time.
I am really pleased with how they turned out and think it makes a nice keepsake.
So another project complete.. Yay!