Building My Custom Closet


Welcome to part 2 of my Master Closet Overhaul..
(you can see Part 1 Here)

I had my closet ready and supplies in hand.. and it was time to get to work.
So I started measuring and cutting.

I modified the measurements for my tower builds to be taller than the ones in the
plans that I was following.
I wanted to use as much vertical space as I could, but still leave plenty of room
along the top for storage as well so I just adjusted it to what worked for our space.


I am so happy with my Ryobi Set I got for Mothers Day.
I used this set A LOT this week.. and it made my closet project so much easier.
(without the hassle of too many cords all over etc.)   

I got my first cut list done, and started building!
Tower #1..


Making sure it was level/square as I went.



Or at least as close to it as I could get it, and it was for the most part.
(I am not a professional after all - keeping it real.)

Then on to Tower #2.


At this point I decided it was time to add in some shelving.
I have mentioned that I like handbags right? :0)

After installing the shelving how I wanted, I used caulking on the seams, and
sanded the wood down lightly by hand.
(wishing I would have sanded it outdoors before installing it - lesson learned)

Then I painted it with a bright white semi-gloss paint that has primer in it and
let that dry, then gave it a 2nd coat.



Then I also touched up the gray paint where needed.

It was also time to wait on my drawer hardware and clothing rods to arrive,
that I had ordered online.. so this was a good time for the painting process,
and also a time for patience.. :0)

As soon as they arrived, (Yay!) I cut/installed our clothing rods.


It is starting to look like a closet again!


Then I got my measurements figured out for my drawers and got all the boards cut, sanded, and
ready to build.
This was the first time I have ever attempted to make a drawer so I wasn't too sure how they were
going to turn out.


When I got the first one done and it worked, I was sooooo excited!
On to 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6!  Woohoo!

I had to do several adjustments to get it 'right'.. but when I decided they were good to go,
I chose to pretty them up a bit and I added trim, and of course knobs.



Then it was time to finish up with paint.



I will be posting my closet reveal later in the week.. so excited!







If you like this post you can sign up for my daily emails Here !

Or follow me on: 








(*as far as I know, ryobi doesn't know who I am, 
I am just pleased with the items that we have purchased/used personally)



Note: This page contains affiliate links, which means I may earn a small commission on
items that are purchased through those links.
To see more about my: Disclosure Policy Click Here

No comments

Thank you for taking the time to comment.
All comments are moderated, and may take a few moments to appear.
(I will remove comments that are inappropriate, malicious, or spam like)